Friday, December 26, 2008

“Nam”Falls

In Thai, the word “nam” means water, and the Thai waterfalls were the next stop on our agenda for the day. I really enjoyed this stop. It reminded me of home, Washington, hiking through the woods and the familiar feeling of being surrounded by nature.

There were some great viewing points for the Falls, called Wachirathan Waterfall. I’ll try and add a video to the pictures folder sometime. You could walk down to the base of the waterfall and feel the mist spraying all over, it was really refreshing! I’m not sure if our two drivers had ever seen a waterfall before, as they were really excited to explore around.


When I was walking around, I saw a path that just seemed to lead off into the woods. So, of course, I had to explore and see where it curved away too. I started running up the path, and instantly remembered that we were over 6000 feet above sea level, either that, or I’m getting really out of shape (and no comments!! :P). The path ended up wrapping its way up above Wachirathan falls, and had a very calming feel to it.

I ran and explored a little further, but decided it was time to head back to the group. After the falls we were on our way back to Chiang Mai. I enjoyed the drive back. I got a chance to throw on some headphones, rock out to the new ECC cd (Two) and get a power nap, what more do you need!?!

~Randall

Oh by the way, to explain the USA Beanie Baby, If you haven't noticed looking through Jeffs Photos, he is trying to take pictures with the bear throughout our adventure. Don't worry about why, just enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment