Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ko Sumet -- Beautiful!

And I'm back on the internet, barely. After leaving Bangkok, and the security of having wireless internet in the hotels, I am "ruffin" it out here on Ko Sumet, which is an Island about 3 hours from BKK. Also, I found out today that on the 29th, 3 major undersea data cables were clipped, apparently by a big ship's anchor, so internet is kind of flakey, cutting in and out. And when it does work, it is pretty slow, as so much traffic is trying to through the active lines. But that was just a long way for me to break the bad news, that I won't be able to upload photos until we get back to BKK on the second (if we have time to find a place). But trust me, they are amazing, and will be up when I get a chance.

As for Ko Sumet, it is a dream! In March, I was in Thailand, and went to Krabi, and while Krabi has more beautiful scenery, I like the atmosphere here a little better. It has many more locals, as even some of the tourists are locals. It makes for a fun, more authentic time!

We got in yesterday, checked in, and found out way to the local guy selling cheep Singha! After a little relaxing, we rented some mopeds for the trip (less than 10 bucks a day / bike) and took off to explore. It was dark by that time, and we ended up at the coolest beach night life area ever! We grabbed some food and chilled the night away before heading back to crash at our place.

Today has been more of the same, cruizin around on the bikes, relaxin on soft white sand beaches, we even ended up hanging out with the king's grand-daughter. Ok, so maybe we just happened to find our way to this baller resort, sit down for a drink, and see what all the noise was about, but that was close enough for us! She had a VIP room above us w/ her friends, and we could see them chillin on the patio, so we were practically partying with her!

Just now got to the internet cafe with Phatreeya while the others (Jeff/Jenny/Abi) are off to get some massages before we meet up in a bit for dinner and whatever the beaches may bring!

I wish I could put up some pictures, but until then, you are just stuck with my stories! More to come tomorrow as we are gonan go snorkling / scuba diving / fishing / boat touring around!~

~Randall

1 comment:

  1. Is it bad that I'm totally jealous of your trip? You know now that once you start traveling you get the travel bug and staying in the states gets old really fast!!! (=

    ReplyDelete