Tuesday, December 30, 2008

ECC from BKK

More backposting, this time a quick one about our trip from BKK to Ko Sumet. After an awesome lunch w/ Pi Si Pfon and company (more on that later), we were off to the beach!!

It was Monday afternoon, Thai time and we were on a tight schedule, as the last boat for the island left at 4, and it was already 2:30 and we had about an hour and a half to go. But as you can tell from previous posts, we mad it fine! What was signifigant was the time... 2:30pm, and for those of you keeping score at home, that would be 11:30 AM on Sunday, Seattle time.

I got a little homesick, as I realized it was just about time for second service to start. But, all was good, as the night before I downloaded the sermon of the 21st (which I missed flying out here). So I booted up Abi's computer, and got a chance to hear Dave speak. It was kind of cool, to think that although I wasn't there with the ECC family, we were all doing the same thing (even if I am a week behind !).

I wish I could have been there to see all the ugly christmas sweaters, and Dave, but it was great just to hear him speak! I could really relate when Dave talked about how much it meant to him to get emails, phone calls, and little facebook messages, as those too make me feel special while away from friends and family!

I hope everyone enjoyed this weeks message, as I enjoyed Daves words of wisdom from the 21st. But don't spoil any of the good jokes, as I'm sure I'll be catchin it online again next Sunday!

Ok time to wrap this up, as we are off to eat. If I can find an internet cafe (and some free time) you know where to find some updates tomorrow!

~Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment